Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Work work work work work and more work these past few days. Have been working almost everyday for the whole of March, except on weekends and some occasional breaks. Tomorrow, I'll clock the 100th hour at work. OMG. How crazy can that be?
Anyway I had my housewarming last Friday, planned on Good Friday on purpose because it's a public holiday and everyone will most probably be free. I invited 3 groups of people and was so busy that I didn't had the time to entertain all of them. Gym friends (Hayley Beverly Joan) had nothing to do so they were playing games using my computer. Poly friends (Clara PeiGek Debbie YewTeck LipChung&his gf) were roaming around aimlessly. Bosses (MuiHuang & MengYee) just roaming around looking at the type of their dream house in the future. And there were also my relatives. I carried Ethan until both my arms ached the next day. And Eason grew so much more chubby la! Haha.
Some few interesting incidents:
I was about to be on the way to work on Monday when my car engine failed to start. Suspected to be the battery's problem (again), I informed my uncle about it and got my dad to fetch me to work. Turned out that the quality of the batch of battery I was using was not good and they changed one for me free of charge. =D
My hair clip broke on Tuesday and I had no spare rubber band so I had to report for work with my hair down. The very first time I went to work with my hair untied after working there for six months. Haha. Everyone in the office asked me if I cut my hair and when I told them my hair clip broke, my boss broke into a laughter and walked away, leaving me with a -_- expression.
Then went to MOM to queue in the afternoon. My queue number was U255 and the current number being called was U846. Which means I'll have to wait for 400+ numbers to be called before it would be my turn. My boss estimated that the whole waiting thing would take around 2 hours so he went back to office while I waited there. So while I was reading the homosexuality book Selina lent me for fear that I might be bored while waiting, a Filipino lady sat beside me and after a while, she gave me an extra queue number that she got. U065. Which meant that I just jumped the queue of around 200 people. Lol. Total after about one hour of waiting, I submitted the documents and boss came to fetch me. Everybody in the office was shocked when I got back to the office within one hour after I left the office and Huiling joked that I should let down my hair the next day when I go collect the Employment Pass so someone might just give me an extra queue number again. Haha.
My uncle came to the office to find me today and he suddenly asked me why I didn't tie my hair up. So I told him the hair clip broke and was thinking was it because my hair was very messy so he wanted to suggest to me I should tie my hair up so I would look more neater when he suddenly said "You should let down your hair. You look nice this way. Maybe you can go for a haircut then you'll look nicer with a lighter hairdo." I immediately stunned there la. LOL!
My mum shooed a cat away from the balcony this morning and returned to her room to get prepared to go to the market. Less than half an hour later, she went back to the living room and found the cat under the curtain, already clawed open the plastic bag of fish food, and happily eating it. Then in the afternoon, she dreamt that the cat was "swimming" in our fish pond chasing after the fishes. HAHAHAHAHA.
Fetched my mum out to buy some things just now in the evening. On the way home, I was the first car before the stop line and there was this yellow sports car beside me. (Think big exhaust pipe, bodykit, super loud and noisy engine noise accompanied with heavy acceleration but hardly moving. =X) So when the traffic light turned green, I did normally what I would have done. Just accelerate normally and increasing the speed gradually. But this stupid car, despite heavy acceleration and super loud engine noise, was still beside me. Yes, still beside me. Wtf? I was even a bit ahead of it. If they ZOOOOOM and "fly" away it's not that bad. But when they ZOOOOOM and they're still beside a normal Nissan car, what's the use of owning a sports car? I got so fed up with the noise I sped up more and was so much ahead of the sports car and could hear that stupid car's engine getting louder and louder although I was getting further and further away from that car (I guess the driver of that car must be very pissed off. Lol.) Then I told my mum "Tell dad not to buy Subaru for me. Sports car so useless. Can't even run. I might as well continue to drive this car." HAHAHA! I so love my car! Super good horsepower (better than sportscar hor! can even outrun them.) except for the fact that the odometer is not accurate. Lol.
Going to Amoy Street to work tomorrow. Seriously, Oracle is so sloooowwwwww la! Takes forever to generate a proper report. All me and my boss could do was to stare at the computer monitor while the report is being generated and we just gossiped and gossiped. Haha. She told Meng Yee she wanted to buy some food for Vincent and Sharon the next time so my career there would be more smooth. Lol.
OMG I just realised it will be 8 months tomorrow. Have been so busy recently that I almost forgot about it.
Around 3 more weeks to gym com!! Can't wait! Oh someone going to the competition just fractured his arm this afternoon. New tradition of Whitley? Second year now. Hope it doesn't happen next year. CHOY!!
Ok what a summary! What interesting life I've led for the past few days. Lol.
