Monday, July 09, 2007
Went Pu Tien Restaurant for dinner last Saturday and after we got to the restaurant, we found out that there were free valet parking. Thus, my dad crossed the street, where I parked the car, and drove it to Pu Tien.
After dinner, Aunt Lyn took all our valet parking tickets and asked for the vehicles to be drove back to us. While we were still exiting the restaurant, my eldest uncle was already beside his vehicle, tipping the guy who drove him his car. Immediately, I turned to my dad and asked him if he wanted to tip the guy who drove me my car. Then, my dad said ok and took out his wallet. Not wanting to let the guy wait too long for me to take over my vehicle, I walked a bit faster to the car. The moment I got back the key from him, he asked me "xiao fei leh (tip leh)?" I was stunned for a second before pointing to my dad who was strolling to the car and that guy immediately rushed to the side of my dad waiting for my dad to tip him.
All along, I thought a tip is given when someone provided you a service and you appreciated it thus you tip him/her. Maybe Singaporeans, or even those working in Singapore, are taking it for granted that if they provided a service, they should be tipped.
~
Bought a set of seat belt straps at Punggol Plaza. Pink and yellow in color and has a tortoise on each of it. Super duper cute. =D
~
Just now, my dad was sitting in front of my computer looking at the slideshow of the pictures he took at China, and smoking at the same time. After he finished smoking, I offered to throw away the cigarette butt for him but he refused, saying that the smell would stain my hand. So I lay on my bed while he continued looking at the pictures and when I turned my head to look at him, I saw him aiming to throw the cigarette butt out of the window. Immediately, I said in a rather loud voice "Don't. What if it hits the window grilles and drop to the floor?" But before I could finish the last few words of my sentence, I saw the cigarette butt being flicked out of the window unsuccessfully, which then knocked against one of the window grilles, and dropped to the floor. Immediately, I gave my dad the -_- face while he said "you and your foul mouth".
-_-"
