<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12595060?origin\x3dhttp://yitingg.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Saturday, May 19, 2007

Back to blog. Super long post.

Many things have happened since I last updated this blog. Scuba diving at Pulau Tioman (12 - 15 April), gym competition (18 April), school reopening (23 April), Traffic Police Practical Test aka as driving test (9 May) and a recent trip to Genting and Penang (11 - 13 May).

It all started after I went for my scuba diving trip. I had wanted to do a detailed blog entry about that diving trip but I kept procrastinating it until now. Zzz.

Anyway, about that scuba diving trip.

Generally, it was awesome! Went there with my parents, and 2 of my dad's friends, Elson and Alex. Anyway, Alex is a diving instructor.

First day (12 April):
We went to pick up my dad's friends in the evening and headed to Lorong Sarina to pick up the diving equipments. Then Alex drove in all the way to Mersing, Malaysia. Stopped halfway at a coffeehouse for dinner. Spent the night at Hotel Timotel.

Second day (13 April):
Woke up early in the morning to take the boat to Paya Village, Pulau Tioman. The water there is super clear! Anyway, we went to check in and got ready to go for 2 dives at Cebeh and Malang Rock. Had lunch on board.

After the dives, we went back to Paya Village and took a little rest before heading to Tomok for the final dive of the day. After that, we went back to our rooms and bathed. My mum was studying for her final theory exam and the rest of us were playing Dai Dee while waiting until it was time for dinner. Poor Alex lost RM30. Lol.

Had dinner and went back to our rooms to sleep.

Third day (14 April):
Was having breakfast when the other people coming along with us for the diving trip reached Paya Village. Prepared ourselves for 3 dives at Fan Canyon, Labas and Tomok. Lunch on board also.

Went back to ground and all of us were badly sunburnt. I "stole" Alex's shampoo and soap to use because my mum said she didn't bring enough. Lol. Applied aloe vera gel after bathing but it didn't seemed to be of any help. Had beer while having dinner because the weather is really really buay tahan. Very hot!

Realised that the things on Pulau Tioman are quite expensive, except for cigarettes and beer. Cigarettes going for RM46 per box (10 packets), and beer going for RM4 per bottle. Heck, it's even cheaper than a cup of fruit juice (RM5) or even a jug of coffee (RM16).

Went back to our rooms to sleep after dinner because there's no television nor night scenery. I had difficulty falling asleep because I was badly sunburnt on my thighs and arms. -_-"

Fourth day (15 April):
Had difficulty getting down the double-decked bed due to the sunburnt thighs and arms. Accidentally scratched myself on the leg against the ladder of the bed because of my restricted movements. -_-"

Had breakfast before hitting the waters. Went Soyak and Pulau Renggis. Chased after a turtle at Soyak and saw 2 black tip sharks at Pulau Renggis. Lunch on board again.

Went back to our rooms and bathed. Then packed up and prepared to go back to Mersing. Bought 3 T-shirts at Mersing before heading back to Singapore.

Now, I am a PADI certified Open Water Diver by Apache Diver Inc Pte Ltd and I'm considering to go for the advanced course when I have the time. Hehe.

Gym competition (18 April)

It was, as usual, not a fair competition afterall. I am just glad that both the sons of Minister for Education failed their routines.

Congrats to C boys for getting champion, C girls 3rd, B boys 3rd or 4th I can't remember, and B girls 4th.

Also extra congrats to Chen Xuan, Zheng Yuan, Ly Ching and Danny for getting individual placements but pardon me, I'm old already and I can't even remember all the placements. Lol.

School reopening (23 April)
Finally school is reopening. =D

Traffic Police Practical Test aka as driving test (9 May)
I am heng.

Out of the 7 school students taking the test, I am the only one who was allocated a new car, with the mileage less than 400km.

I am not that heng afterall.

After drawing lots, I am going on Route 6, which is the killer route because there are a lot of vehicles and it is a 4-lane place at the U-turn area.

I am sibeh heng.

Because my test starts at 11.45am, there is not much cars in the circuit because school students just finished their lessons.

My tester is Khoo Soon Chew, and he seemed to be more of a instructor than a tester. He kept telling me what to do at certain times. For example, when I was on the slope about to move off, I was still trying to confirm if I had gotten the biting point when he said "Ok. Can move off already. What you waiting for? Put down your handbrake la." Haha.

I am really the sibeh heng.

The tester didn't brought me through the whole test route and I thought it was because I was too lousy and there's no need for me to go on to the major road. My tears were about to fall when he wrote "18" in the box for demerit points.

WooHoo! I passed my driving test! =D Happy!!

Then I went back to the room and reported my results, watched the safety video, closed my student account at Comfort Driving Centre, and went to Level 2 to apply the Photocard Driving Licence.

My dad came to fetch me after my test and he let me drove the car back to school.

I am now a qualified Class 3 driver. No shortcuts were taken! It's manual gear!! =D

Trip to Genting and Penang (11 - 13 May)
Took MC on 11 May. My dad's friend, Elson, and his girlfriend, Emily, came to my house to bring me to Yishun because I didn't know how to drive there. Lol. I'm a street idiot la.

Went Elson's house and played with the little girl Elson's mum was babysitting. Cute!

Went to eat Kway Chap before heading for Genting via Woodlands Checkpoint. We were lost in Johor for an hour before finding our way to the expressway. -_-" Haha. Should have taken the Tuas Checkpoint instead.

Reached Genting at 5pm. Went to eat before heading for the casino. I managed to walk into the casino openly. Haha. I think I look old because nobody suspected me. It was BORING inside. And to think I thought it was a big deal inside the casino.

Left Genting at 7pm and reached my maternal grandparents house at 11pm. Bathe and sleep.

Went out to eat Kway Tiao Soup for breakfast the second day (12 May). Then went Kek Lok Si (again. My 3rd time there.) and went to eat Penang Laksa. Then went to 2 more temples before heading back to my grandparents house. Wan Xuan stuck to me almost like superglue the whole day. =D

Went to eat seafood for dinner. Shared a bottle of beer with Elson and my dad. I suggested it. Hehe.

When we got home, I went to hug Wan Xuan and she told me to get away because I reeked of alcohol. LOL.

Went to the pasar malam for breakfast and some shopping. Bought a pair of shoes.

Went home at noon and slept until afternoon. My mum went to cut her hair while Elson and my dad went for a massage.

Had Bak Kut Teh for dinner before heading back to Singapore.

*Yawns* Ok it's 3.07am now and I wanna go sleep le. Haha. Good night.

Imagined all these at 1:10 am